Practical information

Global capabilities combined with local expertise.


How can we help you ?

Accommodation Booking

You will never book too early your accomodation ! The earlier you book , the more peacefully you will start your new year school.

For the tenant :

  • Bank Identity Statement or Postal
  • Copy of the National Identity Card or Residence Permit or Passport
  • Copy of the Student Card or Certificate of Schooling (to be provided at the beginning of the school year)
  • Signature of the price list
  • Signature of the internal rules of procedure
  • Certificate of Home Insurance
  • In case of opening of an EDF (French electricity company) electricity counter by the tenant : Copy of your first EDF bill after opening (following your move in)

For the guarantors :

  • Bank Identity Statement or Postal
  • Employer's certificate (except liberal professions and public servants)
  • Copy of the National Identity Card
  • Copies of the last 3 pay statements
  • Copy of the last tax notice (amount of income)
  • Copies of the last 3 rent receipts or last property tax (for owners)
  • Signature of the price list
  • SEPA Direct Debit Authorisation + Bank Identity Statement (for the payment of rents + provisions for charges)

The compilation of your application can be carried out in several steps. If you are missing one or two documents, you can send them to us in the following days either by email, by post or by going directly to the residence.

The guarantor is the person who, by signing the deed of joint surety, agrees to pay the amount of the rent in the case that the tenant is unable to do so.


The guarantor must be financially solvent. He must be able to prove, by justifying his income, that he is in a position to obtain this status and to assume the resulting obligations.


Your booking is confirmed when the documents necessary for the compilation of the rental file have been provided and signed, as well as the first payments have been made.


Yes, depending on availability, it’s possible to book accommodation for a short stay. To do so, please contact the desired residence.

It is possible to choose your accommodation according to availability. Of course, the student who submits his/her application as soon as possible before the start of the school year will have a much bigger choice.

You can of course visit an accommodation and it’s even strongly recommended. To visit an accommodation it is recommended to make an appointment by calling or sending an email to the residence. Otherwise, you can visit an accommodation that is available during the opening hours of the residence's reception desk.

It’s not always easy for you, who sometimes come from far away, to come for a visit. This is why we can send you pictures and a plan so that you can get an idea of the accommodation. You can also take a look at the pictures on our website. If you have friends or relatives in the neighbourhood, you can also arrange a visit to an accommodation for you.

Our partner Artelice Immo offers to connected housing viewings. For more informations, please visit their website :

The handing-over of the keys of your accomodation

Before you move into your accommodation you will have to arrange a home insurance contract which will take effect on the day of your arrival in the accommodation. Then you have to make an appointment for the entrance inventory of fixtures and the handing over of the keys.

On the day of your arrival you will have to sign the lease, provide your home insurance contract and make an inventory of fixtures of your accommodation with the manager of the residence.

Yes, it is mandatory to subscribe to a housing insurance before you move into your apartment. A certificate of insurance must be provided at the time of your entrance inventory of fixtures.

It is a meticulous description of the state and the equipment of the accomodation, done room by room, from floor to ceiling and inventoried on a specific document.
The inventory is done twice : the first one when you move into the apartment and the second one when you leave it, at the end of the lease, when you returns the keys.

Thanks to the inventories, both the lessor and the tenant can attest to the state of the accomodation at the baginning and at the end of the lease in order to justify a rehabilitation, if necessary. That document being authentic helps to limit the risk of litigation.

Two inventories of fixtures are established during the rental period: one on the arrival of the tenant, the other on his departure. If any damage is noted, the residence has the right to deduct the amount of the damages to be made from the security deposit.

Housing allowances

The best time to apply for housing allowance is as soon as possible. Make these formalities as soon as you have signed your lease. However, be careful, there is no retroactivity, so don't apply before you've moved in.

Why the rush? Because your rights to housing allowance take effect on the first day of the month following your entry into the accommodation. That means that if you move in on August 3rd, your rights start at the beginning of September. You will then receive your first payment the following month, in our example, at the beginning of October.

As you understand it, you should apply as soon as you arrive in the accommodation. This will allow you to receive the first payment quickly. A special case to note: students from outside the EU, who need to have a residence permit, unfortunately do not have one issued when they enter the country. However, you should apply as soon as you enter the accommodation, you will be able to receive the allowances when you get your residence permit.  

In the past, it was possible to make a paper application using the dedicated form. From now on, the application for housing allowance can only be made online for tenants, whether you're on benefits or not.

Please note that if you do not have access to an internet connection, you can go directly to a CAF (Family Allowance Office) reception desk in order to apply for personalised housing assistance online. You can find the address of the nearest CAF office in this article.

On the CAF website, the Internet user must begin by providing several details about his status:

  • tenant or owner
  • the date of entry into the accommodation
  • in couple or single
  • whether or not you are a student
  • main residence or not
  • status of the tenant (if applicable): tenant, sub-tenant declared to the landlord, university residence student, student residence or specialized centre
  • for tenants: if the accommodation belongs to a family company of the SCI type (Non-trading property company) or belongs to a member of his family or himself
  • if applicable: the part of the accommodation or the family company owned by family members.

IMPORTANT : if the accommodation is not the applicant's principal residence or if it belongs to a family member, the tenant is not eligible for housing allowances.

Once this step has been completed, a declaration on honour is required : simply read the rights and duties of the applicant and tick the appropriate section to proceed with the application.

The CAF website then presents the required documents to go further :

the rental lease or residence contract 

the income for the last two years

Bank Identity Statement (BIC-IBAN)

the applicant's or his / her parents' allowance number if he / she was receiving Family Allowance payments from the CAF

the Siret number of the landlord if it is a real estate agency, social organization, company.

Civil status and personal information

An email address must be provided and the user has to complete his civil status before indicating whether he benefits or has benefited from services paid by a organisation other than CAF, in which case the name of this organisation and the file number are required. Further on, details are requested on the family situation (status, expecting a child) and the number of people living in the accommodation, then on the professional situation (activity, unemployment, student, special situation).

Address and contact details

Once all this personal information has been provided, CAF asks for the address of the accommodation, the telephone number of the user as well as his bank details. Afterwards, the user must validate the number of persons considered as part of his or her accommodation before completing a declaration of income.

Rental Information

At this stage, CAF requests information on the rental. The user starts by indicating whether he or she occupies the accommodation as a shared flat or alone. Then, he/she has to complete the contact details of his/her lessor or the latter's agent (real estate agency, etc.). The characteristics of the accommodation (surface area, furnished or unfurnished rental, single room or not, decent accommodation or not). Depending on whether the rental is furnished or empty, the next screen is displayed differently, but the information requested is essentially the same (amount of rent, month of first payment ...). A summary of the application will then appear on the screen to check that there are no errors before definitively validating the request.

IMPORTANT : Housing allowances are not paid retroactively if the file is transmitted after the entry into the accommodation.

The supporting documents

To complete the housing aid application, the Internet user must send the supporting documents for his/her file: rent certificate completed and signed by the landlord (see a form here), identity card, passport, birth certificate or residence permit as well as a bank statement (RIB). The submission of supporting documents can be done directly online or at a later date, on the CAF website ("My online procedures" section) or by mail.  

Your housing allowance takes effect from the first day of the month following your entry into the accommodation. So, if you take possession of your accommodation on 5 September, for example, then your benefit will take effect on 1 October and you will receive your allowance the following month, i.e. 5 November.

Those of the tenant and not those of the guarantor(s).

Yes, in the same way as in individual rentals. The amount of your aid corresponds to the part you have to finance for your accommodation.

Rent, loads and taxes

The rent must be paid between the 1st and the 5th of each month.

Your rent can be paid by :


  • Bank transfer
  • Cheque
  • Automatic withdrawal
  • Cash
  • Administrative fees*

Global check including :


  • Security deposit
  • First Rent Global Cheque
  • Loads

All payments are required when you submit your rental file.


* As soon as the reservation is made, the booking fees are charged.


The administrative fees paid by the tenant on arrival cover the costs of the residence related to the creation and management of the tenant's file throughout his stay.

At the signing of the lease, the tenant pays a "security deposit", i.e. a sum which is kept by the manager of the residence for the entire duration of the rental period. It is a reserve from which the manager can draw a sum of money if, on leaving, the tenant owes him money.

The security deposit is cashed in.

After an inventory of fixtures, the deposit is refunded within two months of your departure, less any costs of repairs, damage, loss or cleaning.

The security deposit cannot under any circumstances be used as a rent payment.

Water, electricity and garbage taxes are included. On some of our accommodations the expenses only include water and garbage taxes. In this case the manager of the residence will take care to keep you informed.

The housing tax is established by the tax centre on behalf of the persons having the disposal of the taxable accommodation on 1st January of the year in question, whether as owner-occupant, tenant or free occupant. Students are therefore subject to housing tax for the accommodation they occupy. The housing tax is paid in November.

The consumption of water and electricity is not unlimited. Two expense adjustments are made during the year, after meter readings have been taken. The first in February and the second when you leave your accommodation.

Accomodation and its equipments

Yes, the residence lends equipment on request: extra mattresses, vacuum cleaner, ironing board and iron, brooms... You can pick it up directly at the reception of the residence from your manager.

Yes, as long as for the inventory of fixtures when you leave, your apartment is put back in its original order.

In the event of a breakdown or malfunction, you need to quickly inform the residence manager so that he can send our technician to assist you.

Live within the residence

The accommodation is already fully furnished and equipped.

However, you can add your personal touch and the things you need to feel at home.



You are a tenant of your accommodation so you are free to invite a guest. For security reasons, please inform the reception of all your visits.

If you wish to organize a small party or simply meet to study, discuss ... You can borrow the common room. You will have to book it directly at the reception of your residence.

Yes, a presence is ensured at the reception desk from 9am to 6pm and video monitoring equipment is installed. Access to the residences is controlled by an electronic pass that will be provided to you upon your arrival on the site.

Yes, the residence is accessible 24/7 thanks to your electronic badge.

Each apartment has a private bathroom including toilets, shower, sink and storage space.

Depending on the residences, you will be able to benefit (by paying an additional service) from a secure underground car park to store your car.

Depending on the residence, free bicycle parking is provided.

The laundry room is accessible at all hours of the day and night.

Yes, it will be given to you at the time of the constitution of your file.

If you lose your key, please inform the residence staff at the reception desk immediately. A new one will be delivered to you (for a fee). Outside the opening hours of the residence, contact a locksmith. Be careful, be vigilant ! You will find the contact details of the locksmiths recommended by GESTETUD on the displays in the common areas of the residence.

Yes, your letters and packages are collected at the residence reception desk. The letters are redistributed by our managers directly to your mailboxes. Concerning your packages, they are stored at the reception of the residence and you will receive an email informing you about them. Please bring your identity card and collect your package at the reception desk.

At the time of departure

The cancellation of the lease is possible, you just have to notify it by letter with "Acknowledgement of Receipt" by respecting the notice period of one month as mentioned in the general conditions of rentals.

It’s possible for the tenant to leave his accommodation before the end of the notice period. However, the tenant will still be obliged to pay his or her last rent in full as scheduled. Before his departure, the tenant will also be responsible for making an appointment to carry out an inventory of fixtures before leaving.

• 1 month in advance: the tenant must have given notice.

• 1 month in advance: the tenant must arrange an appointment at the reception desk to carry out the inventory of fixtures on the day of his departure.

• Day D: the tenant has to make sure that he gives back the accommodation in the state in which it was given to him on his arrival (state and cleanliness). An inventory of fixtures will be carried out in the presence of the tenant and the manager of the residence.

• For the cleanliness the tenant can choose to clean the apartment himself or to call upon our services for a complete cleaning on departure.

No, the exit inventory of fixtures is mandatory.

You can share your opinion about GESTETUD residences directly on Google, on the Yellow Pages and on social networks.

I reserve